“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.’ Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes. – Fred Rogers who found his way into living rooms worldwide as far back as 1968.
GENERAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
*SERVE on a committee
We need volunteers for various committees (Special Events, Fundraising, Sponsor Recruitment, Auction Party, Golf Outing, and others). If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need workers at the Volunteer Center, where we receive orders to be filled and prepared for delivery. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com.
*DELIVER filled requests to the school
We need drivers to get clothing from the Volunteer Center to the schools. We are very flexible & you do not have to be available every time. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*PURCHASE the “Clothe a Child” package
Each “Clothe a Child” package” includes: FIVE outfits. We supply the underwear, socks, a pair of shoes, a hoody, and a seasonal jacket. Clothe a Child
HELP WANTED FOR CURRENT AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS:
*SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR – FILLED
- Are you knowledgeable about posting to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram?
- Post updates to the COK Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Accounts usually every other week.
*COK2022 GOLF OUTING GRAPHIC MANAGER – FILLED
- Works with Golf Outing Chair and Graphic Designer on an overall theme and graphics for the Golf Outing scheduled Monday October 10.
- Graphic items include: Golfer Registration Form, Sponsorship Applications, Posters, Banners, Day-Of Brochure and Sponsor Appreciation Ad
*COMMUNITY OUTREACH COMMITTEE CHAIR – FILLED
- Leads a Team of individuals who share the COK story at neighborhood associations, before service groups, to religious gatherings and the like.
- Meets each quarter with the COC Team.
- Updates the list of organizations contacted by the Team.
*VOLUNTEER CENTER CLEANING CREW COORDINATOR – FILLED
- Puts together a Team of Volunteers to dust, sweep and generally tidy up the Volunteer Center twice monthly.
*NEW VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – FILLED
- Greet new prospective Volunteers and provide the background of COK.
- Generate and update the list of open Volunteer opportunities.
- Follow up with new Volunteers to ensure they are engaged and feel productive.
- Collects and keeps Job Descriptions for all Volunteer positions.
*SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEER
- Drop off fliers, bins, and brochures to organizations prior to their clothing drive and pick up clothing following the drive transporting them to the Volunteer Center.
- Write thank you notes on COK provided stationery.
- Create fliers for organizations hosting a COK event or clothing drive.
- Distribute information and answer questions about COK’s Mission at community fairs or festivals.
- Assist with the Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party usually scheduled in June.
- Organize a holiday float for the annual Lewes Christmas parade in December 2022.
TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED FOR ALL POSITIONS:
CONTACT MONICA ANTHENELLI TO ASSIST ON SPECIAL EVENTS email@example.com
CONTACT BOB BLOUIN FOR ALL OTHER OPPORTUNITIES (302)500-3209 firstname.lastname@example.org